Before any flight, check with your airline and embassies or consulates to ensure that there are no specific measures in place in the country of destination. If you need to cancel, change or postpone a trip, contact your airline or tour operator directly.
Just as you can check in using one of our online facilities, you can also experience a trouble-free and speedy check-in at one of our airport check-in desks using the following steps:
- Please ask at the information desk (located in the middle of Departure Hall) if you need any guidance. There are also several information displays throughout the Departures Hall that provide flight information and check-in row numbers.
- Go to your company check-in desk at the airport. Here you will meet our Ground Services staff.
- Check-in usually opens three hours before your flight’s departure time and closes 60 minutes before your flight takes off.
- For Domestic Flight Check-in usually opens 75 min before your flight’s departure time and closes 20 minutes before your flight takes off.
- Web check-in passenger can use Drop off counter facility.
- During the Pandemic Period, it is mandatory to apply check-in desk and make airport check-in for all kinds of passengers (mobile, online)
- Please make sure you’re carrying all the required travel documents with you. These include your ticket, passport, exit permit, and destination visas.
- Show all your travel documents such as ID and passport to our Passenger Service desk staff along with any other documents relating to special circumstances, for example, doctor’s notes. Passengers who have bought discount tickets must at this point show the documentation that qualifies them for the discount to our staff.
- If there are no issues with your documents, our staff will check your baggage and take it from you. If you have exceeded your baggage allowance, extra baggage procedures will be applied.
- Once your baggage has been processed, our staff will give you your boarding pass and direct you to your boarding gate.
- Some additional fees may be charged. You can check the relevant airline site for airline applications and additional fees.
- Special assistance travelers should give their airline as much advance notice as possible regarding any specific requirements or needs.
- Expectant mothers who are more than 28 weeks pregnant should carry a medical certificate confirming that they’re fit for air travel.
- Parents or guardians of unaccompanied minors should give the airline as much advance notice as possible, and make sure they’re carrying all the required documentation.
- Special assistance travelers and unaccompanied minors receive priority processing when check-in at Tbilisi International Airport.
- If you’re travelling with animals, please take the animal(s) with you to your check-in counter. Please make sure you’re carrying all the required documentation and have arranged everything with your airline in advance.
- If you’re late for check-in, please approach your airline’s office in the departure hall for assistance.
- Please inform your airline in advance if you require personal assistance.
- Please arrange with your airline if you need oxygen, stretchers, or other medical assistance a minimum of 72 hours early before departure time.
- Don’t forget to carry all the necessary documentation. Please consult your airline as early as possible before you start travelling.
- To ensure the best service quality and cut your wait to a minimum, you must notify your requirements to the airline or your travel agent from the time of booking and at least 48h before your flight.
- Whether you travel by car, by taxi, or by public transport, once you reach the airport customer assistance terminals are allowing you to notify us of your arrival. You may also go to the information desk or check-in counters of your airline in the terminals to obtain our assistance. Once notified, our reception and accompanying service will come and collect you from where you placed the call. we recommend parking in the car parks closest to the terminals
- Call the number written on the information panel located at the departure terminal entrance and an escort will soon come to collect you.
- Once you have called, the escort in charge of receiving you will join you to escort you through the terminal and up to the aircraft.
- Tbilisi International Airport offers barrier-free access and dedicated facilities to make travelling more comfortable for passengers who require special assistance.
- To ensure their wellbeing, special assistance travelers are usually boarded first and off-boarded last from their aircraft.
- The airport can arrange a personal helper to accompany you at all times and assist with check-in, passport control, security checks, baggage claim, and Customs.
- Complimentary wheelchairs are available throughout our passenger terminal; please ask at the nearest information desk. If you require assistance with moving around in a wheelchair, please inform your airline in advance so that a personal helper can be arranged.
- Washrooms adapted for passengers with reduced mobility are available at many points across our passenger terminal. Just follow the signs, ask at an information desk or use our airport map to find one nearest you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Phone: +955 32 310 345 / +995 32 310 467