IMPORTANT POINTS TO BE COMPLIED WITH BY PASSENGERS PRIOR TO FLIGHT
- When purchasing your tickets, do not forget to learn the time you need to be at the airport prior to your flight.
- For your own safety, please prepare your own luggage and do not accept any items or packages given to you to be delivered to someone else.
- Obtain information from the airline regarding safety procedures for the destination and departure countries.
For Your Safety:
Attend to your bags and possessions at all times. Do not leave bags unattended even for a very short period. Do not forget, unattended luggage will be confiscated and/or destroyed by the Security Staff.
Do not accept any packages from strangers.
Do not joke about having weapons or bombs to indicate terrorist activity. Do not forget! Such statements may lead to misunderstandings.
Items Barred from Hand Luggage
1. Weapons & Firearms:
Any caliber grooved weapons
Any and all shotguns and machine guns
Fake firearms or toy weapons
Masked or camouflaged weapons (i.e. pen knives)
Pieces of weapons (except telescopic target boards or target boards)
Ball firing weapons (plastic or metal)
Launchers and catapults
Electric powered shock devices
Industrial bolt, nail and harpoon guns
Bow and arrows
Sedative injection devices for animals
Pistols and capsules
2. Sharp Edged Weapons and Items
Any variety of ax
Arrows and darts
Spears, pikes, harpoons
Clasp or gauge knives
Blades, swords, bayonets
Sharp edged and arrowed knives
Diving equipment (oxygen tube, divers knife)
Scissors (sharp 6cm)
Razors and shaving knives
Climbing Equipment (adze, hammer, ice ax etc.)
Skiing, walking and climbing sticks
Any items used for fighting, attack and defense (long sticks, swords, telescopic batons, knuckles, bayonets, maces, mace whips, choking wire or chains, skewer sticks, nunchakus etc.)
Any type of carpentry tools (hammer, screwdriver, drill, saw etc.)
Sharp medical tools (lancet, scalpel etc.)
Cutlery (spoon, knife, fork)
Battery operated screw guns, drills and heads/tips
3. Explosives and Flammable Substances
Fuse and detonators
Dynamite and imitations
Hand grenades and imitations
Mine, gunpowder and other army commodities
Ammunition and munitions
Flammable liquids (Petrol, Benzine, Diesel, Alcohol, Ethanol, Gas Oil etc.)
Thinner and turpentine
Gas and gas cylinders (Oxygen, Propane, Butane, Acetone)
Liquid and gas for lighters
Imitation flammable items
Matches which are ignitable on all surfaces
Beverages with 70% or more alcohol level
4. Commodities which do not have sharp or pointed tips/heads:
Oars (canoe etc.)
Rackets (tennis, squash)
Any kind of cue (billiards etc.)
Fishing equipment and fishing gear
Any kind of baton, club or stick
5. Chemicals and Toxic Substances:
Acids and batteries
Dry ice (more than 2kgs)
Dog repellent sprays
Substances which are contagious and may create biologic danger (septic blood, bacteria and viruses)
Sprays which may cause disability or limit defense (pepper spray, tear gases, CN and CS gases which look like key rings.
Chlorine and bleach
Pressurized gas cylinders
WISHING YOU A PLEASANT JOURNEY
We Would Like to Call Your Attention To The Following Security Issues:
1 If security is thought of as a chain, the strongest link in this chain is the people who use the airlines: In other wordsYou!
2 If you haven't prepared your own luggage or your luggage has been taken to the airport without you attending to it, please inform the security staff about this.
3 Please inform the security staff of any suspicious behavior of others during the security checks, at the terminal or on board.
4 If you notice any luggage, mobile phone or packages left behind on board while leaving the aircraft, please let the cabin crew know.
5 Do not accept any luggage or package from anyone due to excess weight etc. during checkin.
6 Please assist the security staff while they talk you through the procedures, bearing in mind that this is for your own safety.
7 Please keep in mind that any illegal activity in our airports or on our aircraft will negatively impact our country.
9 Ask for information from airline companies regarding Barred Commodities on board or at the sterile areas or visit our website.
To Avoid Wasting Time and Causing Queues during Security Checks;
a While waiting for your turn at the security check points and without waiting for a prompt from the staff, if you prepare any items such as mobile phones, pens, pocket change and jackets, coats, overcoats and belts to be placed on Xray device this will save time.
b For Flight Safety, it is forbidden to take on board any kind of sharp, flammable or flashing items. Therefore, you will save time if you put any of these items you may have into your luggage going into cargo at the checkin desks before arriving at the security check points.
c Please put your hand luggage and any electrical/electronic equipment on the xray machine conveyor belt, taking them out of their bags/covers to be checked individually.
d At the Check Point, without waiting for a warning from the duty staff, please queue in front of the check point and prepare yourself as explained above in the quickest manner.
e Do not cross the red line before the person in front of you is cleared.
f In case of an alarm signal from the Gate Metal Detector, please check if you have any metal items on you and go through the detector again; if a signal is heard again please act according to the instructions of the security staff.
g If you have any valuable items on you such as gold jewelry or money please let the security staff know in advance to arrange a private search in a closed cabin.
h The xray causes damage only to professional cinema film. If you are carrying such film, you will need to bring a charge tent with you to the security check point for a manual check to be carried out.
i Security Devices are in accordance with health standards and with permission from the Georgian Atomic Energy Commission. The devices are checked at regular intervals.
j Please do not ask to be exempt from security checks; security checks are for everybody.
k It is forbidden to enter the airports in possession of weapons, explosives, imitation guns, toys etc., which may be used for illegal activity; if you have such items with you, you need to report this at the check points.
FAMILIES WITH CHILDREN
In order to maintain a secure environment within our airports for passengers and their relatives, all our guests visiting our airports are subject to security checks regardless of age.
Please see below our timesaving suggestions at the security check points for families traveling with children;
Items Subject to x-ray Check:
- All luggage/handbags and laptops including those belonging to your children are checked through the x-ray device. All baby push chairs, potties, chairs and similar items which are suitable in size for the xray device are also checked.
We would like to remind you that:
- When arriving at the Security Check Point, you need to place all the items in your child's pockets in the plastic trays provided and put it through the x-ray device;
- Manual search is performed by the security staff for items which are too large to go through the x-ray device; maximum care is taken during this procedure to avoid any damage to your items;
At Gate Metal Detector Points:
- All items such as push chairs and cradles must be put through the Gate Metal Detectors for the Security Staff to be able to carry out the security checks in an attentive and careful manner;
- During this time, you should not give your child over to be taken care of by 3rd parties in front of or behind you;
- People traveling with children but without a companion who may be offered help from other passengers, can assist the Security Staff by taking into consideration the instructions from them in this respect;
- Security staff may ask for your assistance during security checks involving children.
Real-time information of arrival and departure flights at Tbilisi Airport
Your way to a secure parking space! Benefit from the attractive online parking offers of Tbilisi Airport
Shopping & Dining
See the full range of shops in our shopping universe. At the airport you'll find a great selection of shops within fashion, electronics, design and souvenirs
Frequently Asked Questions
Phone: +955 32 310 345 / +995 32 310 467